Fields of interest
Development economics, Labor Economics, Poverty and Inequality, Discrimination, Statistics and Socio-economic Data collection.
- 2016 – 2019 PhD candidate in Economics : University of Aix-Marseille-France
Thesis Title : “Re-examination of inequalities in the labor market in developing countries : the case of Morocco”
Supervisor : Prof. Eric Verdier, University of Aix-Marseille and LEST
Co-Supervisor : Prof.Said Hanchane, EGE-Rabat
- 2012 - 2013 Executive Master, Applied Labor Economics for Development, Sciences-Po Paris-France
Thesis Title : “Drivers of informality in Morocco”
Supervisor : Christophe Nordmane, DIAL-France
- 2003 - 2006 Master of Science, Applied Economics, National Institute of Statistics and Applied Economics, Rabat-Morocco
- Jan 2017-present Senior Economist : Research on Vulnerable Groups Unit (Observatory of Population's Living Condition - HCP), Chief
Main duties :
- Development of multidimensional and monetary poverty for targeting vulnerable groups ;
- Developing national reports : gender inequalities, human capital, labor market analysis ;
- Developing microsimulation models for social policies.
- June 2013-Dec 2016 Labor Economist : Head of Design & Analysis Unit, HCP
- Analysis of labor market dynamics ;
- Development of researches on human capital, gender wage gap analysis, youth development, decent work and labor market outcomes.
- Nov 2006-Dec 2011 Labor market Information Specialist, HCP
- Designing process of the National Survey on Employment
- (questionnaire, sampling, developing training guides, and supervising survey's teams) ;
- Developed dashboards, quarterly and annual publications on activity, employment and unemployment (labor statistics) ;
- Managed database on labor statistics ;
- Contributed to the project of introducing new technologies in data collection (CAPI, data collection by computer) ;
- Developing data processing methods ;
- Developing international/national cooperation to develop the national system of labor statistics (ILO, MEDSTAT, SESRIC, PARIS21...).
2016 Teaching Econometrics ; EGE-Rabat, Mohammed VI Polytechnic University
Publications and work in progress
- “Individual determinants of female labor participation in Morocco” (with Mohammed
Taamouti), les Cahiers du Plan, 2011
- “Decent work in Morocco : Current situation and perspective” (with J.Guennouni),
presented in the 60th World Statistics Congress in Rio in July 2015
- “Gender Wage Gap in Morocco : is there any evidence for discrimination”, presented in the
60th World Statistics Congress in Rio in July 2015
- “Jobs-skills mismatch and Moroccan labor market”, work in progress
- “Labor market segmentation and inequality in developing countries”, work in progress
International Activities and certifications
- December 2017 “Inclusive Growth”, IMF Institute, Kuwait
- July 2017 Summer School on Multidimensional Poverty Analysis, held in Marrakech-Morocco ; organized by Oxford Poverty and Human Development Initiative (OPHI)
- May 2017 Impact Evaluation, the World Bank Group's Identification for Development (ID4D) and Development Impact Evaluation (DIME)-Washington
- August 2016 Macro-economics and modelling for labor market analysis, ITCILO-Italy
- 07-10 April 2015 Capacity Building/SESRIC : Training courses for the benefit of the National Agency of Statistics and Demography of Senegal : \"Analysis of Labor Market Statistics\".
- Mai/June 2014 Developing comprehensive policies and programs to support youth-Academy on Youth Development in ITCILO-Italy
- April 2011 Labor Market Information 1- Designing labor force surveys & labor force modules for household surveys, to measure decent work, ITCILO-Italy
- April 2011 Labor Market Information 2- Analysis survey data to monitor labor market conditions and progress towards decent work, ITCILO-Italy
► Arabic : Native speaker
► French : Fluent
► English : Very good
Statistics and Econometrics Engineering :
► Survey techniques and statistical inference ;
► Econometric modeling ;
► Impact Evaluation ;
► SPSS (advanced), STATA (advanced), EVIEWS, GAMS and ARIEL.
► Microsoft Office, LaTex/Beamer (basic).